ICC’s Intercultural Trainers deliver cultural awareness training programs tailored to meet specific business and personal requirements.
Customised intercultural programs provide assignees with skills and information to help them to adjust to their relocation and new work culture. The information can be delivered at workshops, team-building retreats, conferences, webinars and more, with delivery across Australia, New Zealand and international destinations.
Participation in our cultural awareness training sessions and coaching programs may be formally recognised as Continuing Professional Development (CPD) by professional associations.
Cross Cultural Programs for Teams
Our team-based intercultural programs and workshops are solution-focussed, tailored to equip your teams with the knowledge and tools they need for effective cross-cultural working relationships.
ICC assist global companies with cross-cultural training programs and services which include:
- managing teams across different geographies
- multicultural team building exercises
- negotiating skills in different cultures for win-win outcomes
- frameworks for working with cultural differences
- business and social etiquette in culturally diverse teams
- cross cultural training for effective teamwork
- practical tips for surviving and thriving on an international assignment
Our cross-cultural training programs prepare international assignees for living and working with cultural differences in their host locations.
ICC’s cross cultural training programs:
- help assignees to feel confident in their ability to interact effectively in the new business culture
- provide assignees with the skills needed to achieve maximum effectiveness in the new work environment
- contribute to the development of global leadership capabilities in your organisation
- assist assignees to make positive adjustments for the wellbeing of themselves and their families.
ICC: Your Cultural Training Partner
We have global expertise and can provide support across more than 160 cultures. Which region are you interested in? Ask us how we can assist you.
Feedback From Our Clients
Tailored Repatriation Programs
Our tailor-made repatriation programs help assignees with the finalisation of their assignments and their return home.
Repatriation programs offer repatriated assignees and their families the opportunity to reflect on their assignment and the personal and professional competencies developed during the relocation.
ICC repatriation programs teach assignees to:
- reflect on the challenges encountered and the skills acquired
- draw on their learned experiences upon their return home
- recognise and understand the impact of workplace transition and change
- explore and embrace the changes that have occurred during their time away.
Cross Cultural Programs for
Children & Teens
ICC deliver custom-designed, age-specific, cultural awareness training programs to support children and teens relocating internationally.
ICC programs for children and teens reduce ‘culture shock’ and educate children about their host country by:
- validating their concerns about the move and addressing them positively
- teaching them about life in the host country in a fun and interactive way
- preparing them for the emotional aspects of international relocations
- increasing awareness about the importance of family members supporting each other through the relocation experience.
Assignment Assessment Programs
Pre-empting an assignment by first assessing a candidate’s ability to work effectively in a different business culture helps to ensure the success of the project and the wellbeing of your employees.
We use the self-assessment tool ‘Global Competencies Inventory’ (GCI) to measure cultural competencies and identify areas for personal development. Workshops and coaching sessions are delivered by GCI-qualified Intercultural Trainers, Coaches and Facilitators who assess:
- working preferences and competencies and how these complement the target culture
- degrees of self-awareness, including how they may be perceived by others
- willingness to learn about other cultures and implement strategies to bridge cultural gaps
- levels of assignment motivation and family support.
The preferred e-learning tools used by ICC include Argonaut’s ‘CultureConnector’ and TMA World’s ‘Country Navigator.’ These tools are used to help individuals develop an understanding of their own cultural profile while identifying strengths and potential challenges in relation to their host country.
Our e-learning systems are an effective tool for:
- standalone e-learning training courses
- virtual or face-to-face coaching
- training high potential employees to operate effectively in the global marketplace
- improving the dynamics of teams working across multiple locations.
Contact ICC to discuss how our tailored-to-suit intercultural services and cultural training programs can help.